Friday, May 30, 2008

To market to market to buy a fat pig....

Mon, May 19th - 4:32PM

Busy busy...
Well, I'm back from the Spring International Quilt Market in Portland, and I wish I could have brought all the new fun stuff back with me, but unfortunately I have to wait for some of it to ship! Bleck!
One of my favorite new things that I don't want to have to wait for is Eric Carle's Hungry Caterpillar fabric by Andover Fabrics. Here's a tantalizing tidbit:

This is the panel (which I ordered, of course) but many of the coordinates are just as adorable. So keep your eye on www.ltquilts.com because it should be here in three weeks or so.
My other favorite finds of market were patterns. Oh the wonderful new patterns!!! Bigfork Bay Cotton Company, Crabapple Hill Studios, and Botanical Art Quilts had amazing new stuff! I should have those up by tomorrow afternoon so you can see for yourself. I also broke down at Superior Threads, and will now be carrying the entire line of Carol Bryer Fallert's Brytes, which I will also get up as soon as possible on the main site.

And here is me, the very last second we (my mom went with me) in the convention center. I was very tired. We'd had five days of business classes, meeting with reps, and walking around with 7000 lbs of papers, brochures, books, and catalogs on my shoulder, so I was very very tired by this point, but still sad to leave. It's just so much fun to see all the new stuff.
And the last thing that I have show for now is my very favorite quilt (they have a couple of small contests/shows during market) that I saw while I was there:

Yeah, just in case you can't tell, that's all THREAD, glorious THREAD. And, as you may have guessed by the label, this is the back of the quilt. The back. The front was applique with very dense quilting. And the back is just sooooo beautiful I had to share.
Keep your eye on www.ltquilts.com until next time for all the new goodies as they come in.
Happy quilting!

No comments: