Monday, July 28, 2008

Beating the heat...

My house this weekend maintained a constant 90 degree temperature until about 1:00am, when it would finally cool off to a breezy 80 or so. Anyway, since we returned from honeymoon, our long-haired cat Possum has been nothing but complaints. He meows constantly and at all hours, very very loudly. So we thought maybe he is extremely hot with all that fur: so we shaved him. Not a great look, but very functional, and he seems happier (though he still meows in the middle of the night).


Not the best shave job, but without sedatives, a cat is a difficult thing to buzz.
I did actually sew this weekend (gasps ripple through the crowd). Yes, amazing, but true. I worked on my Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt and am just trying to decide how many more borders to do. I'm intending to quilt it at my machine quilting class tomorrow night. I also continued working on my Bigfork Bay Cotton Company quilt with the bear and raccoon. I've gotten everything cut out: I just have to get it all placed.
I'll try to get some pics during class tomorrow, but until then, happy quilting!

No comments: