Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oh the shame!

Well dear quilters, I said that I would report the numbers, and true to my word, I will. I keep three lists--tops to finish piecing; tops that are finished, but need to be quilted; and quilts that need binding...And yes, I move them from list to list when I cross them off. It makes me feel better. I have 37 tops that are incomplete (some I haven't even started sewing, but I bought fabric specifically for them). I finished three this weekend--so I was at 40. I have 26 tops to quilt...I've started three of them and almost done with two. And I think I had seven quilts to bind.
Shameful, I know, but I can't help myself, I like hopping from project to project. It takes a fairly large supply of projects to keep me happy, but I'm going to try to whittle down to 5 or 6 in the works at any given time.
A few of my tops I also intend to give to charity because my tastes have changed or it's not a technique I'm interested in anymore, etc...In any case, there are too many fun projects in the world to waste my time on stuff I absolutely hate.
This is one I finished this weekend, quilting it as we speak and about half done. It's for my little nephew whose dad is in the army and a hunter, so I thought this was fitting. It's got tiger skin minkee on the back. It's his xmas present.
This is the first one-block wonder I ever started. After I understood the concept, I realized that I didn't like this fabric for it, so I've let it fester in a baggy for a long time, but I sucked it up and finished it this weekend and it looks okay. I'm using it as quilting practice (on my home machine) and quilting it very densely, so it's taking forever, but it is about half done.
And my grand finale: the double wedding ring...For those of you who don't know, every bit of this quilt has been nothing but a pain in the ass, from running short of fabric to most recently having my cat soak it with urine and poop on it. So, when it was just in rows, I had to wash it, which frayed all those delicate curved edges. Lovely to sew on, let me tell you. Anyway, the piecing is done, and I've got the back all put together and ready to go, so I'm going to quilt this monster, bargain with a friend for binding, and wash my hands of it...I'm so glad my sister will have it so I don't have to constantly refrain from setting it on fire.
Happy quilting!

No comments: