Friday, July 17, 2009

Brain dead.

Apologies folks, I thought I could get one last blog in before vacation, but as it turns out, I have the IQ and proofreading abilities of a road-killed snail right now, so I'm not even going to try to address something as important as borders until I returned. That way everyone who isn't all finished with the center of their tops can get all caught up :) Yeah, I'm trying to pretend this is for you.

I have a wedding this weekend in Missoula and the rehearsal dinner is at my dad's tonight, so I have much to do before I take off for that, then one day back, then off to Santa Cruz for a week of fun with in-laws. I'm excited for vacation, but I've been on kind of a tear with sewing (I finished three tops this past week and one might get itself finished on Sunday) so I'm a little sad to be leaving my sewing room for a whole week. I still have borders to put on two, but I'm undecided as to my fabric/style of border choice, so I haven't continued.

Erik is fencing at Big Sky State Games and hoping to win the foil weapon, in case anyone wants to go watch a quilter's husband fence ;) As such I will be driving all the way to Missoula and back by my lonesome. I hate driving. I need to invent a car that when you press the pedal sews as well as drives. I think the highway patrol might confiscate the whole car though.

Down to 3 quilts on the longarm queue and then onto my own never-ending queue of tops.

I'll be linking to my longarm mentor's, Karen Parker, new blog once I'm back and she's up and running. She'll be doing fun stuff like preparing your quilt and back for a professional longarmer and other educational topics. I'm quite looking forward to it and it should be very informative and inspirational.

Hope everyone has a lovely, quilt-filled week and I'll be back July 28th.

Happy quilting!

No comments: