Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Back on the quiltin' wagon...almost.

Well folks, I completely spaced posting last week because I was busy doing the proverbial chicken minus head act when I came back from vacation. I might've been okay, but it was County Fair week here and I judged some of the 4H kids events and did a little workshop. Anyway, point being, even if I had remembered to blog, it would have been gibberish.

Vacation in Cali was lots of fun, including a little sea otter trying to get on our kayak, which pretty much made Erik's life, and mine too, but that man loves otters. Also had deep fried artichoke hearts, which were amazing. All in all we just had a good time with brother-in-law and his wife, who's many beautiful creations convinced me to try to become a knitter. (Knitting for Lily=yarn in a drawer). Someday perhaps I'll actually get something done.

I'm going to forego my border lesson until next week. This week is pretty hectic too with some lessons, still getting caught up from last week, tons of new stuff to deal with and organize in the store, as well as my final two games of soccer :( As a wise magnet on my mom's fridge says, "Life isn't passing me by, it's running me over." That's how I've felt this summer. Things will be much tamer once soccer is done, despite my sadness, it's a ton of time. Course it also allows me to eat more candy :)

Until next time, happy quilting!

No comments: