Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Quilts on the lawn

Ack, I've failed another week. Last week was extremely crazy as one of my employees got very sick and so I worked a stretch of 10 days, which is not ideal for my brain or slipped disk (we have a very hard tile floor in the shop), and by Friday, I just needed a day off and one of my other employees gave me the much needed time. Then this week we've got the scramble of getting ready for the rush of quilters who come through for the big quilt show in Bozeman (Quilts on the Lawn) and on top of all that I'm teaching a class tomorrow (I thought I was teaching it last Wednesday...as it turns out, calendars serve a purpose). So, hopefully Friday I'll have my wits about me enough to discuss, batting, basting, backing, and of course, my favorite topic of all: thread!
In the mean time, I'm back to the rush and grind of primping the shop, prepping the inner teacher, and tackling the more tedious aspects of life as a small business owner.
Happy quilting!

No comments: