Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Who's a quilter?

Not this girl. All I've managed is binding, but I have, in my defense, bound three quilts in the last week. I'm getting ready to go to three days of long-arm lessons in Hill City, South Dakota this weekend and things have been pretty hectic as one of my employees is also gone for three weeks. Tonight is also the convening of the first meeting of Big Timber's newly formed quilt club and we're meeting at the shop.
The other bit of excitement is that my hubby and I are preparing for a new arrival at our house! But not a baby! Gotcha! We're getting a puppy!
Poor miss Elli, our "borrowed" black lab (my mom's dog) is just not adjusting to her shop-dog lifestyle despite us trying for over a year. For whatever reason, she has been unable to conquer her fears in the shop (she's started barking at random people, with no discernible pattern or reason and has even growled at a few) and she destroys stuff if we leave her home alone. So she's going back to my mom's house where she has a huge fenced in yard and two other doggies to play with. The upside is that I still get to see her and play with her and she'll still be joining me for some of our old routine.

Our little girl should get here mid to late October and I will be taking a week of "maternity" puppy leave. She's a Great Dane from Illinois and this is her latest photo:
She's exactly a month old today and we get her at 8 weeks, so we're pretty excited but also trying to get the house ready for a puppy that might weigh more than me by the time she's full grown.
For Friday I'm off to South Dakota, but I'll be back next week with details.
Happy quilting (eventually!)!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Mazel tov! I can't wait to see more pics :)

Karen Parker Longarm Quilting said...

What a cutie! I am glad you are young and so full of energy, as I can't even imagine doing what you do and having a brand new puppy too! But you will most definately have to keep everyone posted on her growing up. Talk to you soon. Karen