Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Finally getting back into sewing...

Hello dear quilters,
After a summer hiatus from sewing, and a thousand degree sewing room, things are cooling off enough metaphorically and literally enough that I have once again been able to sew. Since the big Quilts on the Lawn show was this previous Saturday, I spaced posting on Friday, but don't give up on me yet, I'll get my rhythm back.
I cranked out these two quilt tops last week to hang prior to the show made from a new Westminster line (mermaids, octopuses, seahorses--pure whimsy in great oranges and browns), and one of Tula Pink's new lines for Moda--Nest. Sorry for the crappy pictures. Our shop is wonderfully shaped for looking, but less so for taking decent pictures.

Then last night, I got a wild hair and decided to use a few new pieces we got in from Hoffman with great pearlescent accents and make a quick table runner for a class I'll be teaching later on this fall. It's my "Bring a Buddy" class for those of you who get my newsletter. Anyway, it was really fun, and inspired me to start making a French braid quilt in all the great metallic blues we've gotten in for Christmas and winter.

Dear husband has gone back to work, so it's back to just me maintaining the website: ho hum. He was such a great help and so cheap to! So apologies in advance for any delays in getting stuff online. Nest and Papillon (the Hoffman line) will go up tomorrow or possibly today if I get really ambitious.
Happy quilting!

No comments: