Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Well quilters, in case you were wondering what 300 little bags of gummi goodness looks like, here is what it looks like:
We make these up for the little kids who do a main street parade of trick-or-treating so they don't have to do it in the dark and cold. It's fun to see their costumes.

And as promised, here is my done over studio...All that's left to be done is get me (Erik has one, but sometimes we're both in the room working) a short swivel chair (I have a tall one that I use when I paint at my easel or draw on my cutting table) and cut a hole in my desk for my sewing machine to sit in. I've been perusing different sewing cabinets but I love love love my giant executive's desk and I can't bear to part with it. So. I'm trying to find some generous soul with a jig-saw to cut me a whole. My dad might have one, so I've got to check on that.
My favorite new addition right now is my design wall.
And for those of you who haven't met her yet, that's Elli. She was my mom's black lab, but my mom was trying to find a new home for her unsuccessfully when Siri died. We were planning on getting another dog at some point, maybe not so soon, but we thought what the heck, and adopted Elli. She's a good shop dog and loves all the different people coming in.

Spooky quilting!

No comments: