Friday, January 9, 2009

Final 2008 Saturday Sampler

Here at LTQ we have a 2nd Saturday Block of the Month. This year we did a true sampler with applique, paper-piecing, and regular piecing. January is the final block (the next year starts in February, for anyone who's interested) and people asked me to come up with a setting pattern. I came up with the one in progress below for a king size, or deep queen, but I also have a downsized version that makes a more regular queen size. I wanted this to have good spaces for me to quilt some more intricate stuff (more practice for me!) and the setting blocks were perfect for that. There's also a nice secondary design. This is the batik one, but we also did one in blues, yellows, and whites (which you can sort of see off to the side).
As you can see, it outgrew out 72" design wall. Finished with borders it will end up being about 115" square. Mmmmm....batiks...
We have our first in store Scrap Therapy class tomorrow and it's bound to be a party with the number I think I have showing up.
It's also dear husband's birthday today, so we're going to celebrate tonight.
Happy quilting!

No comments: