Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Green halos...

I'm home in Montana and it's so good to be back where there are discrete towns and mountains. Can't say I'm excited to be back in the unforgiving Big Timber wind (The Wind, as I think of it, as it's vicious enough to deserve proper noun status). All in all though it's great to be home even though we had a very nice trip, minus the first day of travel (our flights home were thankfully and mercifully very uneventful). Our cats have been exceptionally desperate for love, and leftover cereal milk (my cat Medea thinks this is a right, not a privilege).
Upon returning to home sweet home, I got all my blocks finished for the "Not your Grandmother's Log Cabin" that I worked on in New Jersey. I'm really pleased with how it's coming out, though I have yet to do setting blocks and the fantastic pieced border. I'm very glad I noted which piece went where as I was cutting and scheming though, or I would have confused myself. I meant for this to be a pink/orange/coral/yellow quilt, but surprisingly, it somehow ended up with a lot of lime green. Huh. I'll be.
My favorite part is the unexpected dark green halo I ended up with around the center medallion. My assistant is in the forground (I do wish that she could hold an iron in those drooly jowls)...So, I'm very close to being done, but I have bigger fish to fry this week, as our last 2008 (yes, I know it's 2009) Saturday Sampler meets Saturday and I'm trying to get the sampler blocks all put together with a pattern I wrote...or am writing as the case may be :) No one ever accused me of planning ahead.
Happy quilting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooo.....pretty!!!

Hey - I have an "assistant" that looks just like yours!!

~Ann