Friday, January 16, 2009

Preoccupied.

Hello, dear quilters, I apologize that I have nothing to show. Life has not been conducive to quilting lately. My dad is staying with us for the entire month of January, maybe longer, but we end up sitting around shooting the s*%t rather than me getting any quilting done. On top of that, my poor pooch hasn't been doing well since we got back. She's been acting very strange and we found out Tuesday that she's got an ear infection, so we're hoping that's all there is to it, but we're waiting for her medicine to work since they couldn't find anything else wrong. I also finally broke down and bought myself a rowing machine. I rowed in college and really liked it, but since we moved away from North Carolina, I haven't been rowing. Anyway, I finally realized that despite all my good intentions, I just can't seem to get myself outdoors to exercise in the winter. So now I'm finally getting my exercise which means less quilting, but more energy, so that's good. Since last Saturday, I'm up to 36,101 meters or about 23 miles. Woohoo!
And finally, and I'm sure you'll all feel very bad for me about this, my mom won a trip to Cancun through her business and poor me, she asked if I wanted to go. Schucks, Cancun or Montana in January? I think we know the answer to that. So she and I leave next Friday for six days in hopefully sunny, warm, beautiful Cancun, all expenses paid. Woohoo! Anyway, so I've been scrambling around trying to get ready to go. Yes, you can send sympathy cards :)
Hopefully I'll get something fun done this weekend.
Happy quilting!

No comments: