Friday, April 10, 2009

A quilted quilt!

Woohoo, I finally finished the quilt that I was using for practice before moving on to my ever increasing queue. I like how it turned out a lot. I must have had a mini-math-seizure on one border though, as I had about four extra inches even though the other three were fine. Oh well, it did quilt out. I think I used about 4000 yds of thread total on this bad boy. This type of top is great for me to practice on because there are discrete sections, but not just blocks, so thread changes are easier and planning ornate quilting is more interesting.
Here's the whole top, but you can't see the quilting very well.
But here's the center from above where you can see the feathery business I did in that center medallion in a happy variegated thread of lime, pink, blue, teal, and purple. It's a Signature Pixelles, but I don't remember which color number.
And a close up fo the center. I've found that bright thred just looks so awesome on black fabric.
I've also found that McTavishing looks fabulous on metallic fabrics like Rock Candy or Fairy Frost. Anyway, I had a lot of fun, but that quilt was a doozy to power through being as QADD as I am. So back to my queue now, but it's one more quilt I can check off my list. Also, Vicky cut binding for me, know that I'm binding challenged, she has given me one less excuse. So I may actually bind this one ;)
Happy quilting and Easter!

1 comment:

WishingKristen said...

Very Cool...I love the center!