Friday, April 3, 2009

New sewing table!

Hooray, my dad and I finally finished my new sewing table. I won't lie, some legs are wonky, it's not even close to kilter, and it ain't the prettiest thing I ever laid eyes on, but oooohlala, look at all that space, AND my sewing machine bed is finally flush with my table, making machine quilting so much easier. Not that I've had a chance to use it since I just got my sewing room put back together this morning. Anyway, we did everything for about $200 dollars, which is WAY cheaper than most prefab and didn't require me moving my 8000 pound desk out of the room.
I'm hoping to find some drawers that will fit underneath a little better to maximize my storage space, but this works.
Now all I have left to do is put this iron-on edging (apparently even carpenters like stuff you can iron on) to the raw edges of the particle board. Woohoo! I'm so excited to use it, but dear husband and I are off to his fencing tournament all day tomorrow, so I won't get to use it until Sunday :( .
Happy, and oh so spacious, quilting!

No comments: