Tuesday, March 31, 2009

McTavishing--or Kinrosswrighting...

I don't know how much my attempts at McTavishing bear any resemblance to the actual thing. I have a huge queue on my longarm right now, but I've been in a rut, so I wanted to experiment a little, so I put on one of mine and am doing some Kinrosswrighting (doesn't have quite the same ring) on it. She says that everyone's McTavish is different so they should just add an -ing to the end of their last name, but you didn't count on hyphenated names, did you, Ms. McTavish!
The pattern is from that wretched book Crazy Eights...some of you may recall another quilt, the one I made for my mother-in-law was very similar. That's because the pattern was so wrong I was sure I had botched it. So I made another one, meticulously, and as it turned out, the pattern was just horrendously wrong--it's since been pulled from the market, which is a damn shame, because having made other quilts from the book, they were awesome. Just the one she seems to have forgotten all her math skills on.
I did little dragonflies in some of the triangles and swirlies in others.
It's very intense. I'm definitely in this quilt for the long haul, but that's okay, more practice that way. So that's what's on the docket for today.
At open sewing Friday, this is what I accomplished (I'd started beforehand).
It's from Brenda Henning's Strip Therapy and made with a Kiwiberry Bali Pop, which are on my website, but backordered until July :( It was super-fast and mindless, which is perfect for gabbing and sewing.
Happy quilting!

No comments: