Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More baggage

The good kind, that is. I made yet another of Amy Butler's delightful bag patterns last night: the Frenchy Bag. It was very fun, very easy, and pretty fast. I'd done most of my cutting another evening, but I did all the sewing last night in about an hour. I really got out of my box with fabric, and it came out as a sweet little spring bag:
As you can see it's already happily on display in the store. I was very proud of myself as I'd never installed a magnetic snap (or any other kind of snap) before, and it was a cinch.
Aside from that, I finally finished all my braids for my Hoffman Challenge French Braid quilt. Now I just have to put them together, but not before agonizing a little about what to use for the separator bands.
The richness of the colors just doesn't come through in the pictures, but I really like how these came out. We have this great brown minkee with a green paisley design that I might have to use on the back of this. Mmmmmm....minkee.
Happy quilting!

No comments: