Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Quilt for the cure...

I love and carry many of Blank Quilting's ovarian cancer Inspiration fabrics (search ovarian cancer on at www.ltquilts.com and you can see them all if the link doesn't work) and I've been pondering for a long time the perfect thing to do with it and this past weekend, I finally figured it out.
It's a simple pattern by Atkinson called "Slideshow". It's a fat quarter quilt and the lap size is perfect to put minkee on the back (without borders). Anyway, I really like how it came out. I used Fairy Frost in Diamond as the background instead of doing a more traditional pale background.
I'm hoping to do some fun feather wreaths in the big squares, but I haven't quite decided. It's also vital to have a scant quarter inch seam allowance with all the tiny squares it's easy to end up a little short, so I did a bit of easing. Okay, maybe a lot of easing. It's not the flattest quilt I've ever made, but nothing a little blocking and dense quilting won't fix.
Happy quilting!

1 comment:

lisa said...

I am glad you carry ovarian cancer fabrics, I love the quilt and the colors. Lately there has been so much attention towards breast cancer and so many fabrics in support of it, but the other cancers aernt as popular.