Friday, February 27, 2009

Quilters are awesome.

Sometimes it's easy to forget what wonderful, caring people quilters can be, but this week, I was reminded anew. Life has been rough for me since Christmas, and I try to leave that sort of baggage at home so that LTQ is a happy place to come, but I failed and finally ended up venting to a fellow quilter (who always brightens my day) and Karen (one of my employees). Both were very understanding, supportive, and just having them listen to me made me feel soooooo much better. I felt so lucky that I could do that, and not be judged or mocked or have my feelings brushed off. Then that very same quilter brought me a wonderful gift bag on Thursday and I was so touched. She just wanted me to feel better and went out of her way to help me. I can't even begin to express how much better that kindness made me feel.
It's that kind of caring and thought that I think brings so many quilters together. Quilters take care of each other, listen, and lend a shoulder to cry on, or an ear to vent to, and it really, really makes a difference in my life, and for a lot of other quilters too. So here's a great big hug and a thank you, not just to my guardian angel quilter, but to all of you, who have made my job so full of joy, creativity, caring, and compassion. I feel really blessed to be a part of such a great community.
Thank you all, and happy quilting!

No comments: