Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I AM a rock star!

So, the other day, this young gal comes in and she stops dead when she sees me and says, "Are you Lil?" To which I responded, "Well, I'm Lily..." wondering why this poor young woman looked so stunned, and then she asked if I made a quilt (my blue poppy one block wonder) and I replied yes and she said, with great enthusiasm, "You are a ROCK STAR!" Which is of course an awesome compliment, but not one I hear a whole lot in the quilt business, so we had a good laugh at the time. So thanks, if you're out there reading this...
But anyway, then I was long-arming yesterday on a local high school student's quilt with this fantastic neon orange Brytes thread (bling bling) and after I got it done, all I could think was, "I am a rock star!"
So here it is:
There's the whole quilt, which she did an awesome job with, and is obviously a girl after my own heart...Here's some detail of my freehand "ricky-doodles" (thanks, Ricky Tims!):
All in all, I did really feel like a rock star after this quilt, and I never would have even had that thought without that girl coming in here.
Happy rock-star quilting!

No comments: