Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pushing my quilting limits

It's not much of an accomplishment, but I made a quick table runner with my scraps from a layer cake quilt I made a while ago (from "The Sweet Life", for inquiring minds). What took me the most time was designing the quilting pattern that *hopefully* I will be able to quilt without making it look too terrible.
Here's the top:

Here's the quilting designs all marked and ready to be stitched with water-soluble thread.

The designs are very very intricate, which given the nature of the table runner is slightly absurd, but I cranked that puppy out in 15 minutes so I could practice some wild quilting on it. Practice probably won't make this little quilter perfect, but improvements are getting more and more visible with every project.
I've already stitched one out in water-soluble thread and it went surprisingly well. I also have something interesting planned for the back...So with any luck, pictures of that on Friday.
Happy quilting!

No comments: