Friday, March 20, 2009

Bags, runners, and quilts, oh my!

Okay, except the quilts, I did get some stuff done on my lovely Monday off this week. I made another Amy Butler bag, the Nappy Bag, but I didn't make it for nappies, or at least not yet. I made it to haul my projects and other Lily-detritus around. I used some fabric I got on my honeymoon for the exterior and a couple different stash fabrics for the interior. It only calls for one fabric for the interior, but I wanted my pockets to be a different color so I could see them when I looked into the bag. Vision is awesome.

I think I may have to glitter some of the flowers...God forbid I should make something that doesn't sparkle a little. :) Just call me a crow.Well, I guess the inside pockets are fairy frost, but inner sparkle doesn't count for everything.

Then I also made a fun little table runner out of a Neptune charm pack using Little Charmers III and it was super fast--maybe 2 hours tops.
Man, I just love the colors in this line. Some Montanans seem to get hung up on the anchors and other maritime features, but all I can see is the beautiful colors and textures...Look at that navy! Anyway, that was what I was up to on my day off. I have a full weekend with hubby this weekend so I should finally be able to get some stuff done. ;)
Happy quilting!

No comments: