Friday, March 6, 2009

Getting ready for the show

I'm off to be a vendor (my first time) at the Big Sky Quilt Retreat in Billings next week so I've been busily strategizing about that, working myself into a froth, and hoping for the best. I also haven't been getting much quilting done since last weekend. I've been working late and by the time I get home, I just want to eat, watch an episode of Deadwood (Dad got us the complete series on DVD--it's awesome, but not for the faint of heart or ear), and crawl into bed.
I can't remember if I ever posted pictures of my completed table runner that I had marked for quilting, but here it is, in its flawed glory...practice practice practice is what this was, and I think I'm gradually improving (done on my home machine):
Also, Thursday morning, I woke up to walk into my kitchen and see this:
Our giant cactus (which started as just an arm my cat knocked off a much larger cactus) silhouetted by the blizzard that had thrown up on our picture window. As it turned out, it had only snowed about 3 or 4 inches at our place, but the wind had blown every flake of snow from three counties up against my house, so we had some fun drifts and as pictured, a very snow-caked picture window. Then it all melted off by evening, only to snow again this morning. Oh Montana and your manic weather.
Happy quilting!

No comments: