Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wouldn't know I'm a quilter, would you?

Well, despite having a weekend retreat, I didn't manage to get anything done. I spent a lot of time gabbing, which I know comes as a surprise when you put 25 women in a giant log cabin filled with sewing machines and irons. Unfortunately my project luck (or perhaps ability to pay attention to a pattern) was pretty bad. I worked on an Olivia the Piglet quilt, which I ruined half of the blocks beyond repair (sadly it's not as easy to untrim things as it is to unsew). So, very close to the finish line I had to cease that project.
The next project was a jelly roll quilt, which due to an inexplicable paranoia about doing things wrong, took me forever because I reread and remeasured everything multiple times. It's four lonestars from the book Jelly Roll Quilts, which I love. I got all the diamonds put together, so all that remains is to put the setting triangles (it's a no Y-seams method) on and finish the stars. So, pictures soon, perhaps.
All in all though, it was great fun, good for the mental health, and very inspirational. I'll post picturs on the web soon.
Happy quilting!

No comments: