Friday, November 21, 2008

Minkee...

Oooh la la, for those of you who have never heard, or more importantly felt, minkee blankee, you must do this sometime soon. It's necessary for your well-being.
Minkee is 100% polyester and is super super soft furry stuff, it's 60" wide so it's great for backs since its so cuddly. Anyway below is the quilt I'm quilting on the long-arm and since its mine, I feel free to actually experiment with some intricate, complex patterns...unfortunately I couldn't find a good way to mark this quilt so I'm doing it all free form so it's pretty special in some places, but I feel the overall effect of this block pattern is pleasing.
I'm using Brytes thread to quilt it in several different colors including Sunflower and Hot Pants. Anyway, another of Minkee's fantastic features is the way quilting textures show up on it. For example, the back of this Minkee-fied quilt looks awesome compared to the front, and just awesome in general if I do say so myself. Pardon the picture, I was squatting around under my longarm to take it.

I love it! Anyway, just it was worth seeing how awesome quilting can look on minkee because I know a lot of quilters are wary of how it will quilt: and now you know--beautifully!
Happy quilting!

No comments: