Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

First of all--I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving and eats lots of delicious food. Second, I'm getting close to finishing another One-Block Wonder, so look for pictures soon. Lastly, we're having an open house on Friday for people to come and start their hoffman challenge quilts--I intend to bake mini-muffins and have the coffee on all day, so I hope my local readers will stop by at least.
I intended to take some pictures for you this morning, but our hot water heater decided to be naughty--so I spent the morning tinkering with that instead. Nothing like a cold shower in November in Montana. Brisk.
That being said, I did get a picture this weekend that exemplifies happiness.
I mean, really, could any animal on the planet be more content? We came into the living (aka sewing) room on Sunday, and there was Elli, fully enjoying her rights to the "scratching post". She slept like that for hours, occasionally her tail would come to life, but she was obviously just in a state of pure bliss. She loves that couch, I don't know what she'd do if she wasn't allowed on it, probably kill us in our sleep. Elli is super thankful this holiday season, that her new owners have a piece of crap $30 couch they brought from North Carolina as a scratching post.
Happy Thanksgiving again! Wishing you all the Elli-esque happiness you see above :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your picture of Elli ~ priceless!! Our Black Lab won't get up on the couch until we are comfortable in our bed! Black dog on black leather couch & all you see is a tail wagging!

One morning, I walked over to him & asked if he was comfortable? He yawned, stretched, wagged his tail and went back to sleep!! LOL