Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tasty bits

Well, as promised, here are a few of the things I worked on at my lessons.
Jellyfishing (okay, I made that up, but in the book we used, they were called jellyfish feathers, so...): it's basically a freeform fill feather (ha! say that a few times fast).


No-backtracking feathers with two colors and only marking the spine...This is a ribbony feather variety.


Standard feather with feather-fur outers tried on for size.


Feathery border using a template to make the spine and free-forming the rest.

So much fun! We practiced fills, outlining, dealing with not-so-perfect borders...Anyway, I will post more pics when I actually get to work on one of my own quilts. :( My queue is getting down there, so soon. I'm also still waiting for toys and gadgets to arrive in the mail.
Happy quilting as always!

No comments: