Friday, May 8, 2009

Wednesday...Friday...same thing, right?

Okay, I'm sorry, Wednesday's pictures didn't happen. I'm too disorganized to be a blogger, really. I get distracted and when I get going on something I'm a little too obsessive to remember that I'm supposed to blog. So here's the lonestar pic in case I forget in the next fifteen seconds (not unheard of):
This week, the obsession was getting backing and batting ready for quilting lessons next week. Wooohooo! Except that I couldn't decide which quilts I wanted to take, and it began expanding from four or five, into, ahem, twenty-three. Yeah. And I wish I could say that was all my tops. It isn't. Of the twenty-three, however, six aren't my tops. They're shop tops that were made either by someone at work, or as a group effort. So, anyway, having a backing and batting prepared is very motivational for me, I feel that now I might actually finish these quilts. I even cut binding for a few, which is no small miracle. Scarier still, I pieced some binding.
Anyway, we used up a TON of batting remnants by piecing them, which I thought would be terrible, but is fairly easy if you square the edges. I also found a stash of batting I had from my pre-quilt-shop days, so I got that all used up. I'm trying LOTS of different battings too, I have an alpaca & wool blend, I have straight wool, cotton, cotton/poly, Dream Green recycled batting, dream puff, bamboo.
I still have to decide which ones I'll take to my lessons, but I'm taking some tops that I don't think we'll get to quilting so I can brainstorm with my teacher, Karen Parker, in Billings. Anyway, I decided I needed some record of this miracle before I bag it up and pack it in my car so Karen, Big Timber Karen, who helped me power through piecing and cutting 23 backs and battings, took a couple pictures.
Mount Quilts-to-be.
Can you spot the non-quilt in picture two?
Anyway, it was very inspirational for me to get all those quilts ready to go. Now I'm burning to quilt, but other duties call, so I'll probably have to tough it out until Tuesday. I like this picture as three of my finished quilts are hanging in the background. My long-arm isn't going to know what hit it.
Happy quilting! No blogs on Tuesday, but when I get back later next week, I'll have lots of show and tell hopefully.

No comments: