Friday, December 12, 2008

Finito!!!

Well, at long last I am finished quilting the quilt for my mother-in-law, or more accurately, for dear husband and I, since she's buying it to redo his room at home. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Very fancy!
I ended up using five different colors of Brytes, including #1104, Sunflower, #1114 Ballerina, #1121 Gecko, #1118 Mood, and #1140 Hot Pants. I used yellow So Fine! in the bobbin, which is good, because it is extremely fine and I probably still used 30 bobbins! All told, I think I used about 1500-2000 yds of thread on the top and bottom. So here are some pictures...
There is the entire top...Sorry, I didn't have a good way to photograph it, but you can see some of the texture...
Above is the center medallion with feathers filling the star points and some swirlymajigs (the technical term) in the purple filler...I used this quilt to practice feathers feathers and more feathers, but I didn't want to put feathers in the purple and take away from the center.I tried to mark the elaborate design on the star above but failed to find any good method, so I freehanded them all...So they're like little snowflakes...unique. ;)
I did big, floppy overlapping feathers in the striped sections...I like how they turned out, especially on the minkee.
That's right. Minkee....Ooooo, I wish it photographed well, but the back of this quilt is quite possibly more beautiful than the front.

Another minkee shot...
Anyway, I'm going to bind it as fast as I can and ship it to its new home in NJ!
Happy quilting everyone!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Lily, that's absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person. Love the minkee