Friday, December 5, 2008

One more off the list...almost.


I finished quilting the above quilt on the longarm today...The wind is blowing a million miles per hour, so it was fairly quiet. Anyway, I made this top over a year ago (from "Forty Fabulous Quick Cut Quilts," one of my favorite basic quilting books) and just haven't had time to quilt it...It has minkee on the back and my poor husband is desperately in need of a cuddly minkee couch blankee, so I'm giving it to him for Xmas, though he may get it sooner depending on my motivation to bind. Below is the overall shot of the minkee because it shows the quilting so well...unfortunately it doesn't photograph very well, or maybe I don't photograph it very well.
I did an all over meander with random feathers sprouting here and there...It was a good way to practice free-form feathers. Some of them are mutant feathers, but I still like them, mutant or not. Here's a minkee close-up.
Here's one on the front...I used Superior Brytes #1104 to quilt. Mmmmmm...I love Brytes. They are my favorite solid colored thread...possibly even my favorite overall, but I don't want to hurt my other threads' feelings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the colors on this quilt!! I might have to try quilting with Minkee....love to have cuddly quilts!

~Ann B