Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Safe in New Jersey!

Well, we had a long day of traveling on Monday and Tuesday, as a suprise Montana style blizzard sent us up to Billings on Monday night so we wouldn't have to worry about getting down for our flight Tuesday morning. The roads were thankfully not icy, but visibility, particularly when a semi passed, was frighteningly bad. But we made it. Our flight out of Billings was delayed enough (while we were on the plane, unfortunately) that we missed our (also delayed) flight out of Minneapolis. Luckily, a very merciful gate agent overbooked us on a 4:30 flight to Philly instead of the 7:30 flight, so we finally made it to Clinton at about 10Pm, which was two hours earlier than the later flight would have gotten into Philly.
It's so warm here compared to Montana I wore shorts today to go to the gym (ha! when 35 is warm, you know you've gone back to being a Montanan, not a North Carolinian). It's raining though, and freezing in spots, so you have to be careful not to end up on your rear on the frozen slushy mess that covers the ground. Nonetheless, it feels awesome compared to -20, or even 5.
I brought my mom's little Janome Jem Platinum with me as a carry on and got quite a bit of attention for it ("A sewing machine? What are you going to do with that?"--"Um, sew?"--"Huh. Sewing machine.") However, when we sprinted from one end of the Minneapolis airport to the other, its lightweight 11 lbs seemed, well, heavy as all hell. So, I got my workout.
I'm excited to have some down time to sew, sew, sew. I got a "Not Your Grandmother's Log Cabin" all cut out before I left, so that's first on my list. Updates soon on that.
Well, I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas tomorrow, or happy Chanukah, or just happy quilting!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Too funny, I remember my sis once took her sewing machine on vaca-everyone thought she was nuts. She loved every minute of sewing with the cabin door open and lake breeze blowing in,no telephone ringing or anyone needing anything-awwwwwww paradise!

Merry Christmas!