Monday, June 23, 2008

Finished, sort of...

Ta-da!!
Well, first I must apologize for not blogging on Friday, I had to go pick up my altered wedding dress and run many other wedding errands in Billings. They screwed up my dress, so I was fairly annoyed and stressed out about the whole incident and when I got home that evening, I completely forgot to blog. So, apologies. In exchange, I decided that I had better finish my dahlia, so I came as close as possible. It measures 53" across, which is one inch shy of what it's supposed to measure across. Whoopsy daisy. Oh well. It's relatively flat, but not perfect, and I couldn't stand the bulk that the center piece added, so I cut it out and pieced (not appliqued) in another circle using my mini Cut-A-Round.

As it turns out, this made it less flat, as I was not very careful in cutting the hole. So it's a little lumpy in the center, but hopefully when I block it and quilt it, it will lay flat.
I'm not sure if you can see, but I cut the circle lopsided. Ooops again! Oh well. I still think it looks awesome, and I was hardly striving for show quality: just beautiful, and finished (eventually--at least at some point before I die.
So my next step is to piece together my background, and rather than applique the sucker down, I'm going to set it in, which means I have to cut a 52" hole in my background fabric. That will be fun. Have hope, dear quilters, the dahlia TOP (yeah, yeah, I know that's not really finished) may yet be done before the big day.
Happy quilting!!



No comments: