Monday, June 16, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jig.

Hello fellow quilters (though you'd never know I was a quilter the past couple weeks). I'm back from Denver and pooped. When my beloved sister Cary sleeps in, it usually means 5:58 instead of 5:30 in the morning, and I, the family night owl (or one of them at least) wasn't in bed before midnight most nights, so I'm tuckered, but with fancy hair :).
Friday I plan to do a little thing on long-arming, as many people have expressed curiosity about Miss Millie (my long-arm, an APQS). Which brings me to a story: I'm working on a very pretty quilt by Britney Talkington, a local highschooler (well, she just graduated, so she's a grown-up now) who took the fiber arts class. I've had a hell of a time with it, my thread breaking constantly, but it was Superior Rainbows, which I've used extensively. Well, after trying everything else out, I finally called them because I'd heard that occasionally you get a faulty spool/cone from any manufacturer and Superior guarantees every cone and spool that leaves their warehouse. They were so nice! They helped me troubleshoot, but immediately offered to send me a replacement at no cost! I just thought I would pass on that tidbit about their great customer service! I carry the entire line of Brytes (my favorite line), Rainbows, and Razzle Dazzle, as well as partial lines of the So Fine, King Tut, Halo, Masterpiece, Monopoly, and Vanish Water Soluble thread. There is also a new kind of thread called Sunburst that I ordered to try: it's a white, high sheen thread indoors, but there are six colors and when you take it out into the sun, it changes to that color--a cool thing to add some pizazz to some traditional hand-quilting, or a fun thing for a child's quilt that might regularly get dragged out into the sun. Anyway, you can special order through me: it's only on cones at the moment, but I'm sure it will be on spools soon.
Oh yeah, on our way up to Cary's place at Winter Park, we saw a bunch of big horn sheep on the side of the road, so I jumped out and got a couple pictures, but was surprised how well their camouflage worked for them.
As always: happy quilting!!

No comments: