Monday, June 2, 2008

Oh where did the weekend go.

Sorry dear friends, but the Dahlia just didn't finish itself this weekend. Unfortunately, I was out of town all Friday and Saturday (losing, for those of you who follow my card career, but next week's tourney is a new tourney), and didn't get even one stitch sewn. And then Sunday was beautiful, so I spent it planting flowers for the impending wedding. I also got a half-body sunburn, must've been the angle of the sun. But enough excuses, the point is, I didn't get it done. The closest I came to sewing was planning how I'm going to put together my Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt because the fabric is due any day now (woohooo!). For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, you need to go into a bookstore, walk to the children's section and find Eric Carl's The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and read it. The Very Hungry Caterpillar is my soul mate because I would eat like him if I would turn into a beautiful butterfly.
New entertainment and destruction has started at my house. I like to open the windows by my sewing machine when it's nice, and my two kitties like to sit by the open windows. Then, without warning, a greyish black jack-in-the-box kitty pops up and clings to the screen. This is Charcoal Kitty, he's a feral tom that loiters around our house, and gets great enjoyment out of terrorizing our cats. Naturally, Possum and Medea are scared to death, scampering off my sewing table in a flourish of claws, flying pins, bobbins, and occasionally chain-pieced fabric. Ah, summer.
Happy quilting all! More pictures and dahlia on Friday.

No comments: