Friday, June 13, 2008

Woohoo, new hair!

Hello dear quilters, I'm away in Denver for the weekend, spending some quality time with my older sister and brother and getting a mini makeover (aka--a real haircut) prior to the wedding. For those of you who haven't seen me at all, or recently, I have short blonde hair, and I haven't found a stylist in Montana yet (mainly out of laziness, but I'm also a little gun-shy after a few horrendous cuts elsewhere). Since I moved to Montana, Erik or I have cut my hair, and by cut, I mean a military issue buzz (that's how short we're talking and how "stylish"). So, since my sister has very short, but cute and stylish, not cheap and homemade, hair I decided that I would come down to see her and go to her stylist, which I did today. I've been going crazy with my grown-out, self-done, buzz-cut, trying to be patient so she had more to work with, and I think it really paid off. So why haven't I been sewing or getting ready for Saturday Sampler tomorrow? Pure vanity, my dears. If a girl can't be vain for her wedding, when can she be vain?
Not the greatest picture, but also self-done (sister and brother in law are early to bed, VERY early to rise type people). In any case, I think I finally look like a respectable human being (as respectable as I'll ever look, I mean, just look at that silly smirk). It's actually warm in Denver, which I am quite excited about. Hope all my Saturday Sampler darlings can have fun without me, I'll be thinking of you, hope you enjoy all the new goodies that keep rolling in from Market!
Oh vanity, thy name is Lily!
Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the hair! One of the hardest parts of moving is having to leave a hairstylist with whom you have a well established relationship and find a new one. It's like looking for a decent mechanic.

See you in a few weeks.

Unknown said...

Lily, you look BEAUTIFUL!